Anaconda Sealtite® Liquid Tight Flexible Conduit is a trademarked, circular cross section raceway for protecting electrical wiring. The jacket resists liquid and sunlight and covers a flexible hose. A variety of fittings are offered to connect conduit to motor housings or electrical junction boxes. Liquid tight Sealtite® conduit is suitable for indoor and outdoor use in wet conditions. The liquid and dust tight conduit with approved fittings resists moisture intrusion, corrosive elements and exposure to dirt and weather.
ANAMET Electrical, Inc. makes flexible liquid-tight conduit conforming to National Electrical code definitions and requirements for safe connection of electrical devices. Below is a short list of different types of liquid-tight flexible conduit available from ANAMET Electrical, Inc.
Types of Liquid Tight Flexible Conduit Available
At ANAMET Electrical, we offer dozens of Sealtite® Liquid Tight Flexible Conduit types for different operating conditions. The conduit has been proven effective in connecting machine tooling, and electrical equipment in harsh operating conditions. Here is an overview of the four main categories of products.
Sealtite® Metallic Conduit, UL Listed
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) is a prominent American test laboratory for electrical equipment. UL listing for products may be checked at the organization’s website. Various standards have been developed by UL in conformance to the National Electrical Code (NEC), published by the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA). The UL mark on a product shows testing and certification has been applied according to applicable standards. UL 360 is the standard for liquid tight, flexible metal conduit.
Our UL listed Sealtite® Liquid Tight Flexible Conduit is made of a square locked or full interlocked hot-dipped zinc galvanized steel core for enhanced durability and corrosion resistance. The conduit is suitable for wiring circuits in damp applications, such as:
- Automated lines
Sealtite® Metallic Conduit, Unlisted
Unlisted Sealtite® metallic conduit is flexible, made with a stripwound metal core proven to be durable and corrosion resistant. The thermoset polymer or PVC jacket is liquid tight, resisting heat and chemical breakdown. All conduit is tested to conform to safety requirements. Unlisted conduit is not certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL), but it is tested to prove it is flexible, durable and safe for use. Several metal cores are offered, meeting specific requirements for electronic shielding, light weight or nuclear power safety.
Sealtite® Non-Metallic Conduit
Our Sealtite® non-metallic conduit is made of either PVC or PVC with nylon fiber braid. These non-conductive conduit types are flexible, crush-resistant and easy to install. Type NMUA and CNP are tested to conform to UL 1660 requirements, so both bear the UL mark of approval.
- Type NMUA is made of a flame-retardant, sunlight-resistant PVC material that repels chemicals, oil, and heat. It has smooth inner and outer walls. This conduit meets Type B LFNC requirements with use of Type B fittings for connection.
- Type CNP has a smooth PVC core covered with nylon braid and an oil-resistant cover. This conduit meets Type A LFNC requirements with use of Type A fittings for a liquid tight sealed connection.
- Type NMEF is a continuous PVC coil embedded in flexible PVC for a smooth inner wall. This product conforms to protective tubing requirements.
A variety of conduit types were developed to meet specific customer requirements since 1908. Specialty conduit has a core configuration and jacket formulation to meet specific industrial needs.
- NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) approved, Food Grade conduit is easily cleaned, suitable for food and pharmaceutical manufacturing installations.
- Shieldtite® conduit has a bronze core, which is a proven shield from electromagnetic interference.
- Halogen Free or Zero Halogen jacket formulations are available for use of conduit in confined spaces or mass transit applications.
Benefits of Anaconda Sealtite® Liquid Tight Flexible Conduit
Sealtite® flexible is not only flexible in design, but it is also versatile, serving the needs of multiple applications. Here is a summary of conduit benefits:
- Protection from harsh environments like sun exposure, extreme temperatures, corrosion, and moisture
- Durable, long lifespan
- Minimal length restrictions (50 to 800 ft)
- Zero halogen and low smoke
Anaconda Sealtite® Liquid Tight Flexible Conduit at ANAMET Electrical
Since 1908, ANAMET Electrical, Inc. has been making durable, flexible, liquid-tight conduit solutions. For the past 70 years, we have produced our patented, UL listed Sealtite® flexible conduit for critical land, sea and air applications. Our conduit enables electrical operation in harsh conditions, such as food and beverage manufacturing, water treatment, chemical processing, power distribution, construction and mass transit.